Ready to feel more at home in your body?
Whether you are coming to me at my office or working with me remotely, our work will be tailored specifically to you.
Sometimes you may want simply one approach (say, massage therapy) and other times a combination of modalities will be best. If you aren’t sure, don’t worry. (Sensing for how best to proceed is a kind of superpower of mine, though one I can’t do without you.)
That said, there is one exception: if you are working with me remotely via video or phone, I will not be able to offer you massage therapy. (Sorry… The limitations of the time-space continuum and— well… you understand.)
Take a look at what I offer and see what calls out to you, whether one thing, everything, or something of everything. (And again, knowing exactly what you need is not a prerequisite to working together. Sensing or having a feeling that I might be a good fit for you, is.)
1. Massage therapy
Therapeutic touch is a fantastic way of facilitating your experience of being at home in your body. Massage might be for you if:
- you have a pain in the neck / back / shoulders / jaw / etc…
- you experience headaches (migraines and/or tension)
- you find it difficult to relax and stop doing
- you aren’t sure you’ve ever felt at home inside yourself and are curious what that’d be like
- you are already a huge fan of massage and know how much it can help (seemingly everything!)
Sometimes it’s not until people are experiencing therapeutic touch that they discover just how uncomfortable they had been feeling. Quite possibly they’d become so used to a high level of underlying tension, they’d forgotten what living at ease is like.
Massage therapy can unwind places of long-time or more recent tension. A session or series of sessions can go a long way in decreasing your discomfort.
2. Going Deep(er) (through the body-listening process called “Focusing”)
Maybe the tension has, over the weeks or months or even years, turned into a pattern that makes it hard to turn your head or tie your shoes without discomfort or pain.
Not only does this tension limit your movement, it’s also limiting your life. After all: it’s hard to enjoy life when you’re uncomfortable, in pain, or feeling reactive all the time.
You might have a funny feeling that the whole thing is related to “stress,” that old catch-all label we slap onto any number of things we may not even be aware we are feeling. (Feelings? What feelings!) Or maybe you are aware, but damn(!) if you know what to do about it!
Whether you pride yourself in being an even-keeled, look-at-the-bright-side person OR you experience yourself as being at the mercy of feelings and things you can’t make heads nor tails of…
Going Deep(er) can help!
Help, as in, less pain. As in, fewer headaches. As in, more ease. As in, less reactive. As in, unstuck. As in, more comfortable in your own skin.
Sure, you can keep addressing the issue at only the physical-body level— says me, Heidi, the #1 biggest fan of massage therapy— but Going Deep(er) is a fantastic way to help, either as an adjunct to massage or on its very own.
And, oh yeah! An added benefit of Going Deep(er) is that I am able to work with you anywhere in the world with good internet connection.
Some things Going Deep(er) IS and ISN’T
- Going Deep(er) is based on Focusing, a process developed by Gene Gendlin. Contrary to what its name might imply, Focusing isn’t so much about concentrating per se but about listening to your body in a way that facilitates change that comes from within you: the situation/issue/place of tension itself.
- It isn’t about trying to fix or figure things out. That said, many people find great relief and change happening in relation to the very things they have spent so much energy fighting and trying to fix.
- Going Deep(er) isn’t psychoanalysis or psychotherapy, though it can be a wonderful adjunct to psychotherapeutic work, especially for those of us who tend to “live in our heads.”
- It’s a way to access your body’s very own wisdom and healing. Your body knows what is needed. When you learn to listen, you often discover a surprising sense of possibility that previously felt unavailable. (A natural result of becoming unstuck!)
- Going Deep(er) is a process which you can learn and practice on your own outside your sessions with me. In a sense, I will show you how to be your very own healer. (I can also point you toward some wonderful teachers of Focusing.)
Ready to Go Deep(er)?
Sessions are available remotely –via Skype or FaceTime or good ol’ fashioned telephone– and in-person at Heidi’s Table in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
How long a session? How often? What does a session cost?
Recommendations for determining the length of initial session:
- First time Massage: 90- or 75- minute session (in-person at my Cambridge, MA, USA office only) — $180 USD | $150 USD
- First time Going Deep(er) session: 75-minute session recommended (remotely or in-person) — $150 USD
- First time Massage & Going Deep(er) session: 2-hour session (in-person at my Cambridge, MA, USA office only) — $240 USD
- First time (in person) session when you aren’t sure what you need but are interested in everything: 90-minute or 2-hour session — $180 USD | $240 USD
Some people see me once in a while. Others see me for a series of sessions in close succession. Others see me regularly, whether once a week, once a fortnight, or once a month: our work is part of their ongoing self-care, helping them meet themselves and whatever is going on for them.
It’s up to you and might be based on your budget, the type of discomfort you’re experiencing, and/or how much other support and help you have in place.
While I don’t have to know if you want Massage Therapy and/or Going Deep(er) (Focusing), I DO need to know if you will be coming to me in person or remotely. Once you book your time, I will be in touch further, either way.
3. Heidi’s Table Intensives: Custom-tailored Care for You
Sometimes you might benefit from a stretch of concentrated time of self-care. Whether it’s for a specific physical or emotional matter or simply to jump start or re-energize yourself in general, an intensive is an intentional commitment from you (and from me!) to you. Think of it as you (with my company and guidance) turning toward yourself and saying: I am here. I am listening. And I am willing to show up and take care of my own dear.
Intensives will include an initial getting-to-know-you session which will help me understand what it’s like to be you in the world: what your body is doing day in and day out, your “stress” level, the resources and support you already have in place… I will also get a sense of your hopes and dreams and what you’d like to have happen from working with me, in other words: how you’d like to feel when your intensive is over. Together we will sense for the intention for your intensive.
Every intensive will look different but it will likely include:
- In-person (at my office or remotely) sessions
- Regular missives of support and encouragement from me to you
- Opportunity for you to regularly check-in by email and/or instant messaging with me. (Your check ins might be in response to, or independent of, my missives & messages to you.)
Intensives usually range from $1,000 USD – $4,000 USD. Every situation, schedule, and budget is unique. During your initial getting-to-know-you session we will talk about your needs and situation and then custom-design your Intensive just for you.
Sounds great! How do I get this Intensive ball rolling?
Drop me a message and we’ll find a time to set up a getting-to-know-you session.
4. Online Programs
Online programs are accessible by anyone in the world provided you have regular (or even intermittent) internet access. An example of an online program I have offered is A Month of Living Curiously, a month-long series of missives encouraging and guiding participants in how to get curious about something difficult or challenging in their lives. (Read what participants had to say about it HERE).
If you’d like to stay in-the-know about ongoing and upcoming programs:
Ready to be more at home in your body?
Ready to start befriending your own dear self? Ready to find out what is possible in your life when you are on your own side?
For now, just stay in touch!